Camden & Islington NHS LIFT closes Tranche 2 scheme
Morgan Sindall Investments (MSIL) is pleased to announce that as a part of Community Solutions for Primary Care (CSPC), a joint venture between MSIL, Apollo Medical and Barclays European Infrastructure Fund, it has reached financial close on Prospect Place, a Tranche 2 scheme of Camden & Islington NHS LIFT.
Prospect Place covers 645 square metres of primary care accommodation and it is the first of 3 second-phase developments within the London Boroughs of Camden and Islington to close.
The £4.1 million project comprises the Prospect Place Primary Care Centre, which will house a GP practice to serve some 6000–8000 patients, along with a range of other essential healthcare facilities, including all of the following:
- 645 sq. m. of accommodation space
- The Fairweather House practice, which will gradually expand to four ‘whole time equivalent’ GPs and become a training practice
- A practice nurse consulting room
- A minor surgery treatment room with utility areas
- A child health facility
- Office space for visiting community nursing staff
- A multi-purpose meeting room and a library/resource/teaching room to develop training and education facilities for both clinical and non-clinical staff
In addition, the project involves the demolition and reprovision of the existing single-storey Community Hall as well as the provision of 10 one-bedroom affordable housing flats for the Mosaic Housing Association.
Construction is due to commence in the summer of 2005 with operations starting in autumn of 2006. For a full description of the Prospect Place development please refer to our project profile.